Thursday 29 May 2014

Review: The Suicide Princess

From Amazon: "Not your mother's old romance, this is a romantic-thriller that will leave you breathless and have you begging for more..."

Stephanie Bradford is a young, attractive, and successful District Attorney on her way to the top. She has the near-perfect life, with an amazing husband, and she has it all in the palm of her hand. When her marriage falls into a romantic rut, Stephanie is skillfully swooned by a charming, mysterious and intriguing stranger who looks to be the answer to all of her fantasies. A whirlwind and exciting affair quickly spirals out of control, and before long, she learns that things aren’t always as they appear and people are rarely who they seem. One poor decision becomes the catalyst for a series of events that rips her life apart, and Stephanie is left with nothing but the thirst for revenge against the man who viciously stole everything from her. The Suicide Princess is a highly charged roller coaster ride where nothing is as it seems and everything is at stake!

The Suicide Princess is the debut release by breakout author Anthony Bryan. It's the story critics are calling "Breathtaking," "Unbelievably hot," and "It just doesn't get any better!" Find out what all the excitement is about, and get your copy today.

Note: The Suicide Princess is an intoxicating, romantic thriller containing adult language and themes. It is intended only for those readers who are comfortable with such.


 

REVIEW:

*Warning: Before reading this book grab a bottle (or two) of wine, make sure the kids are tucked into bed, send hubby to a guy's night and lock your door. You won't be seen again until at least an hour after the book is finished!!*

*Treat a slut like a lady and treat a lady like a slut*

Let me explain something before I gush....I waited weeks to pick up this book. Let's face it, an erotica...by a new author and...a GUY no less? This was not going to be good. I honestly probably would not have even given the book a second thought if it wasn't for the feedback I was getting. The Suicide Princess blew up Facebook. I mean it was all I was seeing in my newsfeed! Curiosity finally got the best of me. I HAD to know.

I think my doubts of this new author had really set the stage for where my head was at when I finally sat down to begin. I was not a fan. I remember thinkin', "Those women were nuts. They wouldn't know a good story if it kicked them in the ass. Put the book down, mark it as DNF and find something you know you'll like. Just don't waste your time."  Luckily, I don't give up that easy and trudged through.

Wow! Was I glad I did. When I say I was on a rollercoaster, but in a good way, I mean it! There were twists and turns and leaps and at one point I'm pretty sure there was that guy at the back of the rollercoaster. You know, the big man who is all tough until you get to the highest peak? Then he cries like a little girl for the rest of the way, until the end and then high fives his buddies like nothing went down? Yeah, he was kicking around too. I never know if I wanna punch that guy or just tell him to man the hell up but a rollercoaster just isn't the same without him.

“I want to push every one of your limits. I want to take you right to the edge. Let me take anything I want.”

Anyway, Stephanie is your usual girl in a marriage rut. It happens to all of us. My problem with her is how easily she could just up and hook up with Derrick. I mean, she has a man at home who ADORES her. Sure, their sex life is a little vanilla but that really happens to all of us at some point. She totally could have worked on spicing things up if she tried hard enough. Did she? Nope. She just kinda begins a fling with this hot, sexy as balls stranger and lemme tell ya.....HOLY CRAP!!! The sex scenes in their relationship are just completely out of this world. I wasn't into 50 Shades but this book had me going. Really. To think that Anthony Bryan could steam his pages up the way he did.....amazing!!

What I loved most about this book, was that the author always had that little bit extra to keep you going. It wasn't just the detailed sex scenes. It wasn't just the super sexy (although a bit of a HUGE ass) man candy. It was the plot twist. It takes a lot to surprise me but that really took the cake. I was impressed. Not shiny, sparkly impressed....but "WTF did I just read" impressed!

I have to give kudos to Mr. Bryan. I didn't think he could pull it off but he actually blew me away. I definitely will keep an eye out for his work in the future!!! With that, I leave you with one incredibly important piece of advice:

“Leave your shoes on. Always leave your shoes on.”

Intrigued yet? Get your one-clicker ready and get a copy for yourself. This is one book you won't easily forget!


No comments:

Post a Comment