Monday 14 July 2014

Review: Indulge

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20550167-indulge?from_search=true
From Goodreads:

Logan West’s life is anything but ideal.

Mindless sex, tedious business ventures, and the occasional poker game keep him occupied, but he only lives for one thing: fatherhood.

Oliver, Logan’s three-year-old son, is his entire world. Raising him alone, Logan finds his only joy in spending time giving Oliver the childhood he deserves. But every other weekend, he allows himself the chance to live as a man—a man with deeper desires. Logan knows what he likes, what he wants, and what he needs. He has no interest in dating and believes there’s no risk worth taking for romance, but his casual sexual escapes rarely leave him satisfied.

It takes an unexpected decision from his sister Julia and a road trip to the small town of Harmony with his best friend, Caleb, to open Logan’s eyes to new opportunities outside his programmed world. Its not what he expects, but Logan’s always looking to indulge.


**This can be read as the first in the Harmony series or anytime during the series. It is not a mandatory read to enjoy the series, simply a companion read. This novella is Logan's story of how he ended up living in Harmony and right next door to the woman that would forever change his life.**




My Thoughts:

What can I say about this book? I went against the grain and read the prequel before attempting the rest of the series. I haven't decided if that was a good idea or a bad one. For all the rave reviews I hear about the remainder of the books, I had mixed feelings about this one.
 
 
Logan is a hottie. There is no mistake about that one. I mean, a single dad (and an AMAZING one at that, ladies) who runs big businesses and still manages to keep his life sort of together after the mother of his child just up and left him and his son all alone? It definitely takes a one of a kind man to get through something like that. I give him a hell of a lot of credit there!
 
 
His playboy attitude? Yeah, I kind of get it. I mean, he uses his time without his son to get his needs met without forming any type of relationship with the women he uses. Yes, I use the term "uses" because that's what he does. He finds his conquest, ravages her wherever he can find a spot and then leaves her like a used napkin on a diner table. Sure, I get that he has been hurt in the past and doesn't want to form connections....but seriously? The way Logan views his women and goes after them, with the help of his friend Caleb ('cause every guy needs a wingman, right?) well...it just makes him seem like an ass to me. I have the impression of a guy who wants to get as many notches in his bedpost as he can find the time to and he doesn't really make any impression otherwise. There's just something unsettling about that in my opinion.
 
 
Now, this is just a prequel and I am thoroughly interested in finishing the series and see if my mind will change about him. I sincerely hope it does. I loved the storyline, I adored the characters....I definitely have a sweet spot for Logan's sister Julia and how she cares so much for her big brother. My heart broke when Natasha left Logan and Oliver all alone, although I really think they were better off without her. The way I was so involved in the storyline really makes me want more.
 
 
If Graham can get me hooked into a story, even though I am not overly fond of the lead right yet, I really can not wait to see what she has in store for me with the next one!
 
To get your copy of Indulge and the rest of the Harmony series by Angela Graham, click here!!
 
Oh...and as if you needed another reason to check out this author, Book 1 in the Harmony series, Inevitable is FREE at the time of this posting!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment