Thursday 4 July 2013

Review: Night Huntress 2: One Foot in the Grave

After packing and moving and Canada Day and unpacking and organizing....I am still NO WHERE near done at home. There are days that I wish I was soooo much more organized, then there are days that I curse my shopper's impulse. WHY oh WHY do I have so much STUFF?!?!? It isn't even just me, it is also my children. Ok, not my children...my daughter. It seems that every box I pick up has something that belongs to her in it. I don't know where she is going to put it all! Definitely her mother's daughter I guess. My boys, on the other hand? Their rooms are fully unpacked, organized, and they are living happily in brand new, clean rooms. Show offs. Anyway....before I head back to my never-ending, trying-to-get-my-house-somewhat-comfortable project.....here is the next installment of my series read!!




From Goodreads:

You can run from the grave, but you can’t hide…
Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She’s still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.
Being around Bones awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline rush of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head – wanted: dead or half-alive – means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard Cat tries to keep things professional between them, she’ll find that desire lasts forever … and Bones won’t let her get away again.


My Thoughts:

Wow!! That was my initial reaction about 2 chapters in. Cat is now this big, bad government superstar and I LOVE it!! If you thought she was bad ass before....just you wait! She has a great team to work with for all her vampire hunting excursions and she rules with an iron fist. Definitely a force to be reckoned with. She takes no shit from anyone. Just like our good-ol' Cat. I give her credit. For a woman who, not long ago, left the love of her life out of necessity she doesn't skip a beat. Her sarcasm, humor and "don't mess with me" attitude has not wavered. It takes a strong person to take the hand she has been dealt and make the most of it. 

When Bones shows his unexpected, but amazingly sexy, face again.....it just brings the whole story into place. I actually FEEL that this is the timely romance every woman dreams of. *Sigh* The passion, the anger, the feelings of resentment overruled by the deep love that is shared....a fantasy that one can only imagine. You can feel the sexual tension, the anger, the intensity in every word and action the characters make. Oh, and Chapter 32......yeah, you NEED to get to Chapter 32. Once you get there....you will know why!

I don't think there is anything I can say I hated about this book. I wasn't a fan at the end of the last one when Cat left Bones, but it definitely made a huge impact when they ultimately found each other again. Well played Ms. Frost, well played. 

My Rating: 5 Amazing Stars *****

With that being said...Back to my work. Ugh. It needs to be over soon. More updates as I go! Bonus: My private reading room is almost complete!!! Yay!!! At least I have ONE room in that place where I feel like home!!! 

Oh, and for my lovely American followers: Have a great 4th of July!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment